ScreenTips are little windows that appear when the mouse pointer is placed over a command or control and show descriptive text. An Enhanced ScreenTip is a bigger window that displays more detailed text than a regular ScreenTip and can include an embedded link to an online help article. ScreenTips can be displayed or hidden depending on your preferences.
Whenever you place your pointer over a command or control, ScreenTips appear, displaying detailed language in little windows. An Enhanced ScreenTip is a bigger window that displays more detailed text than a regular ScreenTip and can have an embedded link to an online help article. Optionally display or conceal ScreenTips can be configured.
- An Enhanced ScreenTip is a bigger window that displays more detailed text than a regular ScreenTip and can include an embedded link to an online help article. ScreenTips can be displayed or hidden depending on your preferences.
- 1 Why would you use screen tips?
- 2 What is a screen tip excel?
- 3 How do you use screen tips in Word?
- 4 What is a tip pane in Visio?
- 5 What is the Mini Toolbar?
- 6 How do you get rid of tips in Excel?
- 7 How do I add a ScreenTip without hyperlinks?
- 8 What is it called when the ribbon is hidden?
- 9 How do I zoom in Excel?
- 10 How do I get rid of help text in Excel?
- 11 How do I protect a worksheet in Excel?
- 12 Which view is best for reading text onscreen?
- 13 How do you use screen tips in Powerpoint?
- 14 How do I turn off screen tips in Word?
Why would you use screen tips?
ScreenTips give brief explanations of what a button performs, and they can also display the shortcut key for that action if one is available. ScreenTips may be customized in terms of the amount of detail they display, and they can be turned off if you don’t want to view them.
What is a screen tip excel?
ScreenTips are little windows that appear when the mouse pointer is placed over a shape and show informative text. To add a ScreenTip to a shape, first choose the shape you want to work with. ScreenTip may be found under the Insert tab.
How do you use screen tips in Word?
By following these instructions, you may add a ScreenTip at the same time as you add a hyperlink:
- Press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+K.
- Click on the ScreenTip button. The text you wish to use for your ScreenTip should be entered into the ScreenTip Text box. To close the dialog box, use the OK button. Fill up the blanks with any additional hyperlink values you wish. When you’re finished, click on OK.
What is a tip pane in Visio?
ScreenTips are similar to ToolTips, which are displayed in Microsoft Windows software programs when the mouse is hovered over a critical part of the graphical user interface. When you hover your mouse cursor over a Visio shape that has a ScreenTip, a little window appears, providing informational text for your benefit.
What is the Mini Toolbar?
In Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, the small toolbar displays anytime you right-click on a text selection. Additionally, the tiny toolbar has a shortcut version of the Font group on the Home tab, as well as a few other buttons from other groups. To find out what each button does, move your mouse cursor over it with your mouse.
How do you get rid of tips in Excel?
Follow these steps to accomplish this:
- To open the Options dialog box, select the General tab from the Tools menu. To close the Options dialog box, use the Esc key. Select Function tooltips from the drop-down menu, and then click OK.
ScreenTips that do not include hyperlinks
- Make a note of the word or phrase that you wish to use to trigger the ScreenTip. The Insert tab of the ribbon will be displayed. In the Links group, select the Bookmark tool from the drop-down menu. Give the bookmark a name, for example, Bk1, and then click on Add. Continue to hold down the Ctrl key while the word or phrase is still chosen.
When the Ribbon is concealed, what is the term used to describe it? Collapsed. When does the small toolbar show on the screen? When a text selection is made.
How do I zoom in Excel?
Zoom in and out of a document, presentation, or spreadsheet in a matter of seconds
- To zoom in or out in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, or Excel, use the zoom slider shown on the status bar. Slide the slider to the percent zoom level that you choose. To zoom in and out in small increments, use the – and + keys on your keyboard.
How do I get rid of help text in Excel?
Navigate to the Data tab. Select Data Validation from the drop-down menu. The Input Message tab allows you to uncheck the option that says Show input message when cell is selected and then erase the content that was previously in the Input message field. To save your changes, click OK.
How do I protect a worksheet in Excel?
Excel files should be protected.
- Select File > Info from the menu bar. Select the Encrypt with Password option from the Protect Workbook drop-down menu. Fill up the Password field with your own personal information, and then click OK. Select OK once you have entered your password in the Reenter Password box to confirm it.
Which view is best for reading text onscreen?
Full-Screen Mode Reading view is designed to make it easier to read a document on a computer screen.
How do you use screen tips in Powerpoint?
The following steps will help you add hyperlinks and screen tips to any text or object: highlight the text or object and right-click it; pick “Hyperlink”; enter the URL or select a file; and click “ScreenTip.” In order to adjust the screen tip of a hyperlink, right-click on it and select “Edit Hyperlink.” Then click on “ScreenTip” to make the screen tip wording more up to date.
How do I turn off screen tips in Word?
ScreenTips can be turned off by following these steps:
- Open the Word Options dialog box by clicking on the Popular (Word 2007) or General (Word 2010) buttons on the left side of the dialog box (later versions of Word).
- By selecting Don’t Show ScreenTips from the ScreenTip Style drop-down list, you may avoid showing screentips.