Important Vocabulary Terms in Chapter 2
|online social network||Web site that encourages members in its online community to share their interests, ideas, stories, photos, music, and videos with other registered users. Also called a social networking Web site.|
- 1 What type of Web page that a group of people can comment on and make changes to?
- 2 What is a collection of related and linked web pages that are all designed as a single collection?
- 3 Which term refers to online communication practices and rules?
- 4 What does shared data mean in terms of the World Wide Web?
- 5 What are Web 2.0 applications examples?
- 6 What type of web page is classified as a dynamic page?
- 7 What is collection of related web pages?
- 8 What is a related collection of web pages that is created and maintained by an individual company educational institution or other organization?
- 9 How are web pages related to a website?
- 10 What is computer netiquette?
- 11 What are the netiquette rules?
- 12 What does netiquette mean in technology?
- 13 What is information share?
- 14 What is meant by the sharing of data?
- 15 What is online data sharing?
What type of Web page that a group of people can comment on and make changes to?
Everything you need to know about wikis You can add and change one or more pages of course-related materials using a Wiki, which allows you to share and collaborate on course materials with other students.
A website (also known as a web site) is a collection of web pages and associated information that is recognized by a common domain name and published on at least one web server. A website is sometimes referred to as a web portal.
Which term refers to online communication practices and rules?
Netiquette. A collection of guidelines and norms for using the internet for communication.
What exactly does the word “shared data” mean in the context of the World Wide Web? Data that is only accessible to those individuals or organisations that have been granted permission to use it.
What are Web 2.0 applications examples?
Social networking sites or social media sites (e.g., Facebook), blogs, wikis, folksonomies (the practice of “tagging” keywords on websites and links), video sharing sites (e.g., YouTube), image sharing sites (e.g., Flickr), hosted services, Web applications (“apps”), collaborative consumption, and other Web 2.0 features are examples of Web 2.0 characteristics.
What type of web page is classified as a dynamic page?
A dynamic web page is a web page that shows various content depending on the browser being used to view it. For example, depending on the time of day, the person that views the webpage, or the sort of user interaction, the page may look and behave differently.
Site on the internet. A website is a collection of connected web pages (as well as their associated resources) that all share a common domain name and are accessible via a web browser.
A web site is a collection of online pages that has been produced and is maintained by an individual, corporation, educational institution, or other entity that has a specific purpose. Every web site has a home page, which is the initial document that people see when they visit the web site for the first time.
The most significant distinction between a webpage and a website is that a webpage is a single document on the Internet that is accessible through a unique Internet address (URL). A website, on the other hand, is a collection of several websites in which material on a related topic or other subject is linked together under a single domain address.
What is computer netiquette?
When it comes to online and digital technologies such as the Internet, email, and chatrooms, netiquette is a set of unofficial norms for appropriate behavior and civility that are observed by users. As a result, it is the practice of displaying courteous and thoughtful behavior in online settings such as Internet discussion forums and personal correspondence.
What are the netiquette rules?
10 Basic Rules of Netiquette or Internet Etiquette (also known as Internet Etiquette)
- Make Real People a Priority in Your Work. Photograph by jhorrocks / Getty Images If you want to share something, do so with caution.
- Don’t exclude anybody else.
- Select your friends carefully.
- Don’t send large files through email.
- Respect others’ privacy before publishing.
- Fact-check before posting.
What does netiquette mean in technology?
Netiquette is a term that is derived from the terms network and etiquette, and it is defined as a set of guidelines for appropriate online behavior. In a similar vein, online ethics is concerned with the appropriate use of internet resources in a social setting that is mostly online.
When we talk about information sharing, we are referring to the interchange of data between different companies, individuals, and technology. There are several sorts of information sharing, including: Individuals have shared information with one another (such as a video shared on Facebook or YouTube)
What is meant by the sharing of data?
Allowing many programs or users to access the same data resource is referred to as data resource sharing. It requires that the data is kept on one or more servers on the network, and that there is some sort of software locking mechanism in place to prevent the same piece of data from being updated by two individuals at the same time, as described above.
What is online data sharing?
In contrast to saving information on a device’s hard drive or removable media and accessing it, an online file sharing service allows you to save and access material such as documents, data, images, and video in the cloud.