If you have some bricks leftover from a building project, don’t toss these aside. There are a number of ways to put those leftover bricks to good use around the home and garden. Here are 12 creative uses for leftover bricks that you have to try!
1. Build Your Own Fire Pit
(Tutorial via ehow)
2. Restyle Bricks Into “Books” to Use as Decorations
(Tutorial via Punk Projects)
3. Spray-Paint Bricks to Transform Them into Gilded Bookends
(Tutorial via Camille Styles)
4. Turn Old Bricks into Herb Garden Markers
(Tutorial via Simple Details)
5. Create Gorgeous Planter/Candleholders
You can drill the holes in reclaimed bricks or you could also try to find bricks that already have two holes in them.
(Image via Apartment Therapy)
6. Build Your Own Brick Waterfall
(Tutorial via Fishpub)
7. Create a Beautiful Garden Bench
(Image via Seed Scatterer)
8. Use Recycled Bricks as Garden Edging
This simple, attractive border will keep grass from invading your garden and eliminate the need for edge trimming.
(Image via DIYnot)
9. Create a Stunning Birdbath Stand in Your Garden
(Image via Robins Nesting Place)
10. Make a Simple Garden Path from Recycled Bricks
(Tutorial via The Family Handyman)
11. Install a Brick Backsplash in a Kitchen
(Tutorial via Redhead Can Decorate)
12. Turn Old Bricks Into Colorful Yard Art
Get the kids in on this project. They’ll love it!
(Tutorial via Quirky Cool Living)